Monday, October 02, 2006

What I want to be able to do

What I want to be able to do by the time this class is over in December is this:

1) Be able to have every song I've ever written and recorded available on this blog site so anyone could at anytime click on the song title and hear the song, and download for free any song they want. If there is a way so that when they click on the song, the lyrics automatically appear as the song starts to play, that would be super cool. I know this would take a lot of work, but it's something I want to do. It would be cool if somewhere on my website,
Hazzy web site You could automatically link to this blog so I could put something like, "Hear my music" and click on it and it would bring you there. I'm still pretty clueless but hope to become progressivly less clueless as the weeks pass.

2) I would also like to be able to know how to do a live podcast so that if I'm doing an upcoming solo show, anyone in the world could watch and hear it live. I have no idea at this point how to go about this, but I hope to learn how, if it's possible and I'm sure it is. If anyone has any advice I would appreiate it.

This is really a cool class and I feel really fortunate that there are only 4 kids in the class. This is my final semester at St Cloud State, consisting of 2 classes. The history of R&R, the largest class I have ever had w over 450 students and this class, the smallest class I have ever had. That's it for now.

2 comments:

Kristian Twombly said...

Most of those things we will cover (although not necessarily in great depth). The live stream is a little more complicated, although not hard using a PC. Macs are a little tougher nut to crack with live streaming. Keep me on my toes as far as that goes in case we drift off topic!

Anonymous said...

The best way for you to deliver your music is through brightcove dot com. You won't be able to stream it live, unless you want to shell out a few thousand dollars for a flash media server and use flash media encoder to do it. You'll only be able to have about 100 people logged in at a given time, so I'd do brightcove if I were you. Youtube is too slow and stupid.